Sunday

"IGNORANCE OF OR MISUNDERSTANDING (OF...) IS NO EXCUSE."

"IGNORANCE OR MISUNDERSTANDING (OF...) IS NO EXCUSE." I think that's an understatement. What about all the oblivious bastards who think strong-arm policies are a license to impose opinion? It is my opinion that society is in need of an overhaul for our value system. Sure, it makes sense to enforce constraints by blocking out options in order to achieve desired results but that is not good logic for denial of extenuating circumstances influencing real time stressors. In point of fact we are not machines. To some extent we are programmable; repetition breeds habit. So I guess that's where I got the greatest heartburn from systems. If what you don't know can, does, and will hurt you, what you do know can, does, and will hurt you, and what you do or don't know can, does, and will hurt others, where is the room for compassion in that?

When I worked as an engineer I saw all these arguments reaching a fulcrum which did not leave as a viable option anything other than exiting the charade. I would not be responsible (my choice) for contributing to mistakes which ensued just because corporate owners kept the priorities of their vision focused on profitability yet I could be held liable for all errors. I simply did not have resources to cover my own rear and the asses of others. There is a lot of energy dumped into medical and legal consideration these days. It is like people are chasing upsets in one area so they can receive overcompensation in another.

None of my designs failed, nothing I analyzed crashed or exploded, and no details were overlooked yet I never imagined a "let the buyer beware" type of approach would someday become sanctioned by the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment